You are part of our R&D team where you will be involved in the development of our GIS based optimization and automation tools for planning Fiber and District Heating networks, and possible future extensions to other utility sectors (e.g. Smart Grids).
A day in the life of a Software Engineer at Comsof:
- Development – you will be working at the core of our product, making a highly customizable tool where clear code and good architecture are strived for.
- Research – you need to take ownership of our industry leading optimization and routing algorithms; be in charge of implementing new algorithms from scratch.
- Agile – you are a member of our Scrum team, where you are actively involved in working out new user stories to improve our product back-end.
- DevOps – you play a role in our product lifecycle by optimizing the build pipeline using technologies such as Jenkins, AWS and Excelsior JET.
- Quality – you maintain the quality of our code base together with our Test Engineer by writing test code and defining acceptance criteria.
Keywords: Java, JavaFX, Maven, GIT, Jenkins, AWS, GIS, object-oriented programming, Scrum & Agile, Play Framework, algorithms & heuristics, graph theory, TDD, JUnit, telecom, utility networks
- You hold a master in engineering and/or computer science or similar with a good track record.
- You have excellent programming skills in Java or another object-oriented language.
- You have a strong interest in network planning, more specifically for telecom (fiber) and utility networks (heat, electricity, smart grids networks) and you are excited to continuously follow the state-of-the-art in these domains.
- Ideally you have some background in these domains, or you are willing to make your way into the subject matter enthusiastically.
- Experience with efficient optimization algorithms is a plus.
- You speak and write fluent English, and (optionally) as many other languages as possible.
We’re committed to succeed, but are we a good match?
Self-steering – You can work independently and manage your own responsibilities. You take ownership of what you do, so we know who to give the pat on the back.
Solution-driven – Meet the team goals and raise the bar as a team, be creative.
Social – Everyone's a teamplayer in and outside office limits, fluent in English (Dutch is a plus, not a must) and plays in the big league (if you’re better than us at boardgames then you’re in).
Flexible – Not the yoga way of life, but in terms of availability, accessibility and competencies.
What’s in it for you?
- A versatile job with a generous salary package.
- The chance to work in a professional and challenging environment with a focus on graph theory, algorithms, software and innovation.
- The opportunity to contribute to a global software provider, leading in its domain (as proven by nomination for Export Lion 2017).
- An open working atmosphere with great team spirit, based at Dok Noord in Ghent.
- Flexible working hours with the possibility to work from home.