As a member of our R&D team, you will be involved in the development of our GIS based optimization and automation engine for planning fiber and district heating networks, and possible future extensions to other utility sectors (e.g. smart grids). Where Comsof’s past focus was mainly on a native desktop application, we expect you to take the lead in migrating our software towards the cloud.
A day in the life of a Software Engineer at Comsof:
Development: you will work at the core of our product, making a highly customizable tool with clear code and a good architecture.
Cloud: you will play a crucial part in our transition towards the Cloud; the back-end team depends on you for sharing your expertise on web technologies.
Agile: you are a member of our Scrum team; become involved in working out user stories to improve our product’s front-end and enhance user experience.
DevOps: you will play a role in our product lifecycle by optimizing the build and deployment pipeline using technologies such as Jenkins and AWS.
Quality: you will maintain the quality of our code base together with our Test Engineer by writing test code and defining acceptance criteria.
Keywords: Java, JavaFX, Spring Boot, Play Framework, AWS, Docker, Maven, GIT, Jenkins, GIS, object-oriented programming, Scrum & Agile,…
- You hold a master in Computer Science or similar with a good track record.
- You have at least 3 years of relevant work experience in web development.
- You have excellent programming skills in Java or another OOP-language.
- You are experienced in designing and implementing an AWS environment.
- Any experience with GIS data, telecom and/or utility sectors, or graph theory is a plus. At least some interest in these domains is a must.
- You speak and write fluent English, and (optionally) as many other languages as possible.
We’re committed to succeed, but are we a good match?
Self-steering – You can work independently and manage your own responsibilities. You take ownership of what you do, so we know who to give the pat on the back.
Solution-driven – Meet the team goals and raise the bar as a team, be creative.
Social – Everyone's a teamplayer in and outside office limits, fluent in English (Dutch is a plus, not a must) and plays in the big league (if you’re better than us at boardgames then you’re in).
Flexible – Not the yoga way of life, but in terms of availability, accessibility and competencies.
What’s in it for you?
- A versatile job with a generous salary package.
- The chance to work in a professional and challenging environment with a focus on graph theory, algorithms, software and innovation.
- The opportunity to contribute to a global software provider, leading in its domain (as proven by nomination for Export Lion 2017).
- An open working atmosphere with great team spirit, based at Dok Noord in Ghent.
- Flexible working hours with the possibility to work from home.